Saturday, April 10, 2010

ET honoured on farm that was not his








Say it with a sting.....

10 April 2010, 08:12

Related Articles

Black labourers fear ET mourners
Thud of earth on wood, and ET was buried
VIDEO:Terre'Blanche laid to rest

AWB members and local labourers had been hard at work all week digging a brick and concrete crypt that would take both Terre'Blanche and, ultimately, his wife, Martie, alongside him.

But, Terre'Blanche does not own the farm. The only thing he owns, or indeed is associated with, is a company called Deelsaam (Pty) Ltd.

The farm, Witrandjiesfontein, was sold in 2004 according to AWB committee chairman at the time, Andre Visagie, to raise money for Terre'Blanche's legal fees as he tried to stop his conviction and sentence for his assault on and attempted murder of security guard Paul Motshabi in 1996.

Under an agreement struck with the new owner, Terre'Blanche had five years to raise the funds, but in the meantime, rented the farm from the owner.

"He had no income and no salary," said Visagie, so Terre'Blanche turned to speaking to raise cash for fertiliser and seed and to buy cattle, and for his longer-term goal of returning Witrandjiesfontein to the family.

Yesterday though newly elected AWB leader Steyn van Ronge last night was adamant that Terre'blanche had in fact bought back the farm.

He denied too that Terre'Blanche had in fact been estranged from his wife and spent most of the time on the farm, coming into town irregularly.

Van Ronge, however, did admit that AWB members had made a huge financial contribution to the costs of yesterday's funeral, but added that it was a "completely private affair".

This article was originally published on page 5 of Saturday Star on April 10, 2010

Saturday Star

Comments by Sonny

We do not intend pondering on this murder.

We can see what the ANC intends doing with this article.

A good defence for Satin's gooks!

Now ET will be compared to JZ.

Why did Simelane personally take over the prosecution?

Can we expect a charge of 'defeating the ends of justice' being added to the charge

sheet?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 10, 2010 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Tango said...

Police: No condom found near ET
2010-04-10 12:44

Related Links:
Hogwash story.......
Used condoms found at ET murder scene
Fear lingers after Terre'Blanche's burial
Murder could fuel violence: Agri SA
'Terre'Blanche persecuted us'
Terre'Blanche laid to rest
Final journey for Terre'Blanche

Johannesburg - Police on Saturday denied that a used condom was found at the murder scene of AWB leader Eugene Terre'blanche.

"It is a false allegation," North West police spokesperson Captain Adele Myburgh said, responding to an earlier report in the Saturday Star.
The newspaper reported that a used condom was allegedly found in the farmhouse bedroom where Terre'blanche was murdered.

"There was no condom found on the scene of the late Mr Eugene Terre'blanche".

Myburgh said police had no intention of "misleading" anyone about any facts in the case.

"I'm prepared to put my neck in a guillotine and you can have a go at it if I have been lying." She also said she had heard reports that the post mortem report had been leaked to the media.

"That is not true. It has not even left the site." Right wing leader Terre'Blanche was murdered at his farm outside Ventersdorp a week ago.

A man, aged 28, and a teenage boy, aged 15, have been charged with four crimes including the murder.

Terre'blanche's body was found by detectives with his pants pulled down and his genitals exposed.

The Saturday Star reported that a used condom had been found on the scene of the murder by investigators and sent for forensic testing.
One of the charges made against the alleged killers during court proceedings this week was of crimen injuria.

At the time prosecutor George Baloyi explained the charge of crimen injuria as: ".... they pulled down his [Terre'Blanche's] pants to his knees and exposed his private parts".

On Saturday, Mthunzi Mhaga, the spokesperson for the National Prosecuting Authority told the newspaper no further comment would be made on the charge.

"We've said enough. And that is that (the charge) is because Mr Terre'blanche's pants were pulled down to his knees and his private parts were showing. All other evidence will be presented at the trial."

Johannesburg lawyer Zola Majavu, who represents the minor, would neither confirm nor deny to the Saturday Star the discovery of the condom on the murder site.

AWB leader Steyn van Ronge at first told the newspaper that he "can't comment" on the alleged discovery of a used condom at the scene.

Later he told the newspaper that he was not aware of the discovery of any condom.

"If evidence is presented to support that, I will make a comment," he then said.

Along with the crimen injuria charge, farmworker Mahlangu, and the minor, have been charged with murder, house breaking and robbery with aggravating circumstances and attempted robbery with aggravating circumstances.

The case was postponed to April 14. The two had not yet pleaded to the charges.

- SAPA

Read more on: awb | eugene terre'blanche

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home